Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When "Life" Gets in the Way

I sit chained to my desk today, pondering the benefits of adopting a simpler life.  Simpler by my definition is far less hectic!  My wistful mood was brought about by a clearly defined plan for today that should have found me at the barn enjoying lunch and a play with my Parelli group.  The day had other plans for me however and here I sit at 2pm with no visible clear spot on my desk.  Alas, no playtime for me today.  

Taking a break from the mundane paperwork,  I took a few minutes to download some pictures from my camera.  Low and behold, with tears springing to eyes - I came across several photos entitled "simpler life".   Some background: my super-horse Tido (coming in future blog: what is the definition of a super-horse?), is boarded at a local barn approx 12 minutes from my house.  He is there because the facilities are wonderful and contribute to our progression.   At home I have our 11hh wonder and my 18 month old filly.  My facilities at home are minimal at best during the winter.  My 100 year old barn (aka shed) is just enough shelter from howling winds, rain, sleet, snow .... but only enough for 2, barely.   So Tido remains living apart from me, temporarily - until money permits the upgrade of my home based facilities.  However, that logic does little to keep me from desparately missing him on a daily basis. 

This takes us to Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian for our international friends), mid October 2010.  The weather: gorgeous!! Sunny, warm, perfect.  This fact does little to keep me from desparately missing Tido (see the trend?).  Suddenly, the light bulb goes on!!  The weather is beautiful.  I have room to keep one more for a few days time.   We are all brushed up on our trailer loading. Why not bring him home  for the weekend?  And that is just what we did ....

Here is my sweet boy - just arrived "home" for a 3 day vacation from his pals at the barn. 

Tido meeting Baby Jesse.  She has no fear of strangers.

When will she outgrow the "don't eat me, I'm a baby!" routine?


This photo brings tears to my eyes.  It is a picture of peace and happiness. 


I can't even tell you how much I love this horse and what a joy it was to feed him and pick up his poop and look out the window and see him and find him waiting at the fence for me and go for a ride and wake up knowing he was here .....

Isn't it amazing what confidence can do?  Gives you lots more opportunities to explore "why not?" and "can you?'  Just looking at these photos I don't feel quite so blue about missing my play today.   Maybe, just maybe I can carve out a few minutes to play with my baby-girl horse this afternoon ..... and my boy will be just as happy to see me when I get to the barn tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment