Monday, October 19, 2009

Clinic Countdown!

I am 5 days away from the fall clinic with Ron Pyne (Oct 24 & 25 at QuarDream Equestrian Centre, Mount Forest, Ontario). This will be my fourth clinic with Ron and is entitled "Level 2 - Refinement". As always, my nerves have started and I don't anticipate much sleep on Friday night!! Not that I am unconfident about our abilities - I just find the clinic style of learning a little nerve-wracking. Learning something new in front of fellow horsemen, whether participants or auditors, is never an easy thing to do. It involves stepping WAY out of your comfort zone! Hence my butterflies and lack of sleep the night before!!

I am looking forward to seeing all the Parelli-fans that I am now priveleged to call friends. It is always a treat to see them, their horses, and get together to discuss, enjoy and completely submerse ourselves in Parelli! And, as always when Ron is present, I am looking forward to being presented with so much information I will nearly reach the breaking point!! It is amazing that for weeks following the clinic, little bits and pieces will resurface each day. I am promising myself that I WILL make notes at the end of each day of this clinic in an effort to retain as much of his teachings as possible. Our next clinic won't be until next spring and winter can be loooonnnggg!!!

I had better get out for a play and practice perfectly a few of our "works in progress"!!! I am slowly building Tido up to sidepass over barrels - last session I had him sidepass over a rail raised 12" off the ground! Only a session or two more and he should be confident about passing the barrels under his belly.

Naturally ....

No comments:

Post a Comment